[Tig] pre-post

Laurence Claydon laurence
Sun Mar 12 20:06:48 GMT 2006

Jack,

With at least one feature we are involved with initial DI grading at the
Dailies stage, maybe what was once 'Post Production' is now being
brought forward?

Then it would just be 'Production' I guess...

Ah.

Laurence Claydon

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack James [mailto:jack at surrealroad.com]
Sent: 12 March 2006 13:39
To: 4k at surrealroad.com
Cc: 'TIG'
Subject: [Tig] pre-post

Here's a phrase I heard a while ago: "pre-post-production". I took it to
mean (in the context it was presented at least) a preparation phase
before post-production starts. This includes, for example, organizing
data into a useful structure, checking the data, performing conversions
and perhaps doing one-light passes. Has anyone else heard or used this
phrase before? I wonder if this process will become more common as
productions move away from film as a shooting medium, and more towards
digital formats.

Jack

---

Email squanderously...