[Tig] 16mm scanning problems

Jim Mann jfmann
Thu Mar 16 17:40:46 GMT 2006

Hi Dave,

I was looking at some 16mm reversal being scanned (for data) just last night
on a Spirit 2K. I thought that the scan was rock solid except for the
slightest north-south movement. We normally scan at 20 frames per second and
now at 24fps with the newer storage. I will ask the basic questions....the
capstan clean...all the bearings good? Hell even at 18 month it is a fairly
new machine....PTRs too sticky and plucking...Lab using too much glue on the
splices and the supply side reel is plucking? Lab over drying the film? I
think all these things are a stretch but need to be checked.

Regards,
Jim

Jim Mann
Freelance Colorist