[Tig] HD monitor vs projector grading

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen
Fri Mar 17 21:03:40 GMT 2006

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Graham Collett wrote:
> --
> Why is the DVI a bottleneck .. It is not ...
>
> http://www.ecinemasys.com/technotes/technotes.htm

DVI "bottleneck" is only a bottleneck because the industry at large
has not decided to fully use it.  There are a couple of efforts this
year to specify additional connector types and DVI parameters that
implementations should be prepared to accept.  I believe that one of
these is called UDI ("Universal Display Interface") and is intended to
replace the DVI connector as it exists today as well as specify higher
"standard" resolutions and bit depths (up to 12 bit as I recall).

Bob