[Tig] Master Colorist Awards last call...

Michael Orton mike
Mon Mar 20 04:12:58 GMT 2006

Jack, I should mention that we beat this subject to death last year, and
maybe the year before as well.

All of the longstanding telecine-type color corrector companies have fully
supported this group and its members in the past, together with many of the
new entrants to the CC world. If a company chooses to spend its promotional
dollars thus, I see it as nothing but positive.

Perhaps a better analogy might be a typewriter company sponsoring a writing
competition. Of course, the real contention is how we define the ?best?
colorist, so its perhaps as well that the sponsoring company has the final
say!

Disclaimer: my present company has a DaVinci, but my past places have been
Pandora/daVinci/Dubner/Cintel, you-name-it. Oh, and they?ve all bought me
drinks at one time or another.

Best to all,

Mike

On 3/20/06 1:25 PM, "Jack James" <jack at surrealroad.com> wrote:

> It seems a bit rubbish that all entries must have been graded using a da
> vinci product. It's a bit like having a writing contest just for people who
> use biros.

"No race, country or individual has a monopoly of good or evil"

- Winston Spencer Churchill