[Tig] Why isn't HDR(-like) rendering more widespread?

Stephen Birdsong stephen.birdsong
Thu Mar 30 01:44:10 BST 2006

Dan,

"What is more important for now is that people in the industry focus on
updating their infrastructure in terms of storage. The future is hungry for
storage and too few can go above a couple of terabytes."

Nobody increases their storage so they can ask "now what?'. They increase
their storage because it will allow them to provide a higher quality
product, ie: hdr
In my opinion, linear floating point, or hdr, is an increase in quality that
warrants the storage upgrade, whereas 4k doesn't (necessarily).

stephen birdsong