[Tig] LUTs for Video File Codecs - carrots

Tim Montgomery tim.montgomery
Wed May 3 15:09:47 BST 2006

I guess the principals of encoding are the debate now.  I'm more concerned with achieving quality no matter what the deliverable is (the deliverable is a client request and not something we can change).  If LUTs are being used to ensure a consistent grade between projected and emitted light, why can't there be a simulation for encoded signals.  I guess I am less concerned with the encoding operation and more concerned with it's effects on the image and how to compensate for it (it's seems to be agreed upon that it does have an effect).