[Tig] 35fL versus 20/22fL - so what's really the difference? and black marks

Rob Lingelbach rob
Mon May 1 20:01:35 BST 2006

> I'd propose that you highlight that members can and
> should set delete filters for people or companies
> who's postings they do not wish to receive due to
> whatever criteria (including commercial content).

There exists a place for commercial content, the TIG wiki, which
works really well to get the word out, and is editable by anyone.
The list itself isn't a good place for advertising, as we've seen over
the last 14 years.  Many reasons for this:  competitive contests that
nobody cares to hear or read; high signal-to-noise, for which the TIG
has
been highly-rated; aversion to SPAM.

There must be some filtering at the level of the list, and the rules
that have
worked for so long are still valid, and can be read on the TIG webpage.

> This does not mean a total negation of forum rules,
> but it might provide for pre/post trade show
> information transfer without offending those who would
> much rather not know what is going on.

the wiki is the best place for any product info and advertising;
personal mailboxes are
better used for purposes of information.

regards
Rob