[Tig] LUTs for Video File Codecs - ICC profiles

Adrian Thomas adrian
Thu May 4 10:29:10 BST 2006

There is no 'computer standard whitepoint' as such, the closest that
we have to any kind of standard is sRGB, which mandates D65, and is
LOOSELY compatible with our TV expectations of Rec. 709.

In the real world where monitors are never going to be calibrated,
the best we can do is to work with the pre-press derived ICC device
colour profile system assuming sRGB compliance for desktop displays.
Both the benefit and disadvantage of sRGB is its limited gamut - so
even cruder devices should be able to meet the standard in typical
viewing conditions and set at factory defaults.

--
Adrian Thomas
Automatic Television