[Tig] LUTs for Video File Codecs - carrots

Adrian Thomas adrian
Wed May 3 16:40:35 BST 2006

On May 3, 2006, at 16:33, Jeff Booth wrote:

> A LUT is designed for moving/mapping colour space between
> calibrated systems. Calibrated systems being the point of this
> email. If you want a LUT for every WM11/MPEG5/H265 codec (I have
> intentionally put wrong numbers here to illustrate the plethora of
> codecs available) then you would need a LUT for every monitor being
> used to view these files on!

You'd need no such thing, as modern computer monitors come with ICC
colour profiles which are used by software like Apple's Colorsync to
correct displayed colour - usually within the sRGB standard space.

--
Adrian Thomas
AUTOMATIC TELEVISION