[Tig] LUTs for Video File Codecs - ICC profiles

glenn chan glennchan
Thu May 4 10:58:00 BST 2006

>>From what I read in Charles Poynton's book (poynton.com for more
information), the computer standard is 9300K because it'll make the monitor
a little brighter.

Anyways:
A- I am not too familiar with the intricacies of ICC profiling.  For some
reason, changing the ICC profiles on my monitors doesn't seem to do
anything.  I did however mange to bork my video card's LUT, so that made a
change I did not want.  Regardless...
B- It doesn't matter.  I can see that computer monitors (by default) display
wacky colors... they're not reliable for color accuracy at all.

Glenn