[Tig] PAL HD

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen
Sun May 7 17:47:14 BST 2006

-------------- next part --------------
On Fri, 5 May 2006, Bryan Stephens wrote:

> I?m having a difficult time finding any info on the difference between PAL
> HD and NTSC HD.  Obviously in the SD world there are major differences

There is no such thing as NTSC HD so maybe there is also no such thing
as PAL HD?

In the US we use the ATSC standards, which encompass various facets of
delivering HD video.  Countries currently using PAL could chose to use
the ATSC standard, or they could use some subset of ATSC standards
along with COFDM to broadcast the signal.

Bob