[Tig] How to lessen a grainy shot that was underexposed?

Simon Burley simon
Mon May 8 13:36:26 BST 2006

Ted Langdell wrote:

 > A question on behalf of Final Cut Pro editor Dave Poole... who was
seeking help on the sfcutters.org list:

Jack James wrote:
 > The only recourse at this stage is to do some sort of median filter
on it.
 > Pretty much everything you try will ruin the image
 > to some degree though.

Respectfully Jack, I don't agree.
We've been working with a number of broadcast and theatrical release
jobs that have noise or grain problems of one sort or another, and in
all cases have substantially reduced or eliminated the problem without
introducing softness or loss of detail. (In fact we frequently bring out
detail that was lost before in the noise or grain)

Best Regards
Simon
--
Simon Burley