[Tig] International Broadcast Advertising Spec - Please help

Rory Hinds rory
Tue May 23 17:10:06 BST 2006

Hi there

I'm trying to compile a international broadcast advertising spec and am
hoping some of the international forum members can help.

I have 4 questions:

1) what aspect ratio are commercials broadcast in?
4:3 or 16:9

2) what length of audio do commercials have?

For question 2 - In the UK we broadcast commercials with a half a second of
silence at the beginning and end of the spot. So a 30 sec spot will have 29
seconds of audio or a 10 sec spot will have 9 seconds of audio.

3) Is there a restriction on flashing images or fast cuts

In the UK we have to adhere to BACC guidelines and can't have any flashing
images or fast cuts as this may effect viewers with Photosensitive Epilepsy

4) Is there a restriction for legal on-screen text?

In the UK any legal text i.e.: any conditions of sale have to be held on
screen for a set amount of time and be a set height (e.g.: Available at
selected stores, offer ends 1st June)

Countries/regions I really need to know for are:

Italy
Benelux
Spain
France
Scandinavia
Australia

I hope some of you guys can help with this.
Much appreciated.
Regards
Rory

Rory Hinds