[Tig] super 8

Maurice Schechter mschechter
Thu May 11 16:38:04 BST 2006

Hi Rob,

We have a super 8 gate for our Ursa Gold yfront that is 444 SD out. We
started to transfer color negative for indie work for blowup to 35mm on
our arri. When we looked early on for the super 8 gate for our sprit ,
seeing how in HD it took the coarse grain of the super 8 and emphasized
it too much, taking away the softer feel of what super 8 looks like
projected. We decided not  to go this route.

Using the Y front to hide some film defects and the DVNR to grain manage
, transfering to ntsc digi beta, upcoverting using the teranex in film
mode to 1080p23.98 to D5, the look on HD and film is nice. Another
choice is to transfer the film at 25 fps, PAL then upconvert slow pal
to 1080p23.98

Another feature we offer is perc cleaning on a lipsner smith ,

This how we do it and would be happy to to a test for you

--
Maurice Schechter
Chief Engineer