[Tig] Re: color 9300k

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen
Tue May 23 22:48:40 BST 2006

On Mon, 22 May 2006, John David Hukom wrote:
> Mabuhay from the Philippines.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this concern.
>
> Our facility wide calibration is white point is at  6500k.
>
> When we do TV out projects like commercials we are baffled with the idea that
> most of the tvs in asia are standard to 9300k

Consumer TVs seem to run hot all over the world (I hear that LCD flat
panels are naturally 11000K!) and they seem to get hotter every year
since hotter means brighter in the store.  Are you saying that you
care about what the consumer sees?  Why would you care about that?
Doesn't your reference display represent a large enough viewing
audience for your customer?

Bob