Colorist training in US? (was Re: [Tig] color correction in Croatia)

Kevin Shaw kevs
Sun May 28 00:14:36 BST 2006

Hi Ted and all

I am now freelance, but have continued to write "Notes" and post them on my
web site: they are available at http://www.finalcolor.com/bleach.htm

In addition to working as a colorist I also continue to give on site
manufacturer

Nucoda offer training in their London and Los Angeles offices. They also do
courses around the world from time to time.

I am pretty sure that Silicon Color also give training.

Da Vinci still run their courses (for a fee) AFAIK

Thomson have a training scheme.

Not sure about Film Light, Autodesk, Pandora, Cintel etc but I would be
surprised if they could not offer or arrange training.

Bottom line, the facilities have little to gain by offering training, but
the manufacturers have everything to gain. Most of them have demo facilities
that can be used for practice or training the rest of the time. It does not
hurt to ask!

Happy coloring!
Kevin

Kevin Shaw                 colorist, instructor and consultant
kevs at finalcolor.com          www.finalcolor.com