Colorist training in US? (was Re: [Tig] color correction in Croatia)

Dan C. Tatut dtatut
Sat May 27 19:50:56 BST 2006

Wouldn't it be time to have a sort of Open Colorist Academy online??? With a university as huge as the TIG is, full of professors and students, it could help a lot of the people in the industry.

Dan Tatut
CEO
CHROME Imaging
105 Rue de Lyon
CH-1203 Geneva
Switzerland

Phone: +41 22 807 23 60
Fax: +41 22 807 23 70
Mobile: +41 78 659 11 04
WWW: http://www.chrome-imaging.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Langdell [mailto:ted at tedlangdell.com]
Sent: samedi, 27. mai 2006 20:44
To: Telecine Interest Group
Subject: Colorist training in US? (was Re: [Tig] color correction in
Croatia)

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA
Main:  	(530) 741-1212

Interesting thread!

Googling "Telecine Colorist training" turned up some useful info,
including Kevin Shaw's 37 page "Academy Notes" from the da Vinci
Systems training website.
http://www.davsys.com/PDF/Academy_Notes.pdf

It has a recommended reading list at the back.

Can anyone point up where in the US that one can get colorist
training.... or hands-on access to transfer your own stuff.

A while ago, I ran across the latter on the Cinelab (Fall River, MA)
website, involving its Rank Mark III with Quattro:
http://www.cinelab.com/post_telecine2.php

"CineLab has a unique program for the filmmaker, student, professor or
advanced enthusiast. The Telecine 2 is available for hands on use at a
remarkable low rate! If you are interested in being a colorist come on
in to CineLab and learn to use a Telecine."

Any "drive it yourself" facilities on the West Coast?

Ted.