[Tig] color correction in Croatia

Dan C. Tatut dtatut
Sat May 27 15:47:11 BST 2006

Hi Rob and Kreso,

One good thing when trying to become a colorist is to actually work next to a colorist. Books are good references, but the real-job of a colorist often involves situations that are very different and not explained in the books. Basically said, theory is mandatory but so is practice.

One of our clients offers hi-level training for young colorists and they have a full DI and Digital Cinema infrastructure. If you (Kreso) are interested, I can put you in touch with them. Just let me know.

Best, Dan

Dan Tatut
CEO
CHROME Imaging
105 Rue de Lyon
CH-1203 Geneva
Switzerland

Phone: +41 22 807 23 60
Fax: +41 22 807 23 70
Mobile: +41 78 659 11 04
WWW: http://www.chrome-imaging.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Lingelbach [mailto:rob at colorist.org]
Sent: samedi, 27. mai 2006 16:37
To: tig at colorist.org
Subject: [Tig] color correction in Croatia

Recently a gentleman from Croatia asked me about becoming a
colorist, and it occured to me that there may be some
subscribers in Croatia who could be of assistance.

Perhaps there is also some advice for Kreso (his email is
below; he is subscribed to the TIG as well) on current books
or publications.  I?m sure he?d appreciate any tips or hints.
(this would be a good topic to cover on the wiki when someone
[like me] has a chance to write it).

The advice I usually give is to study with a good colorist as
an assistant or in some kind of support position.

--Rob
Rob Lingelbach   rob at calarts.edu

On Sat, 27 May 2006 00:21:05 +0200, Kreso Vlahek wrote
> Dear Rob thank You very much for Your effort.
> That is very very nice of You and it is much more
> than I could ever expected. Your offer is very kind
> and by all means I do give You my permission to do
> with my e-mail messages anything You think You
> should. Your second idea is also great, because I do
> not know how to get in touch with people workig this
> interesting job.
>
> Thanks again, Rob.
> Yours, Kreso.
>
> P.S.
> I am looking forward to the time when I?ll be able
> to return You some kind of favour.
>
> P.P.S.
> May be it is not necessary for me to get all of the
> information at the same time. May be I do not have
> to get all existing newsletters imediately.
>
> May be instead You could recomend me some reading
> for the start? I red COLOR CORRECTION for Digital
> Video by Steve Hullfish & Jaime Fowler. For me -
> great. But also I can say that I have more questions
> after reading this book then I had before. Also i
> receive Post newsletter and trying to have some idea
> about what is going on on NAB.

colorists who  are
> > already in Croatia, would you like me to put you in
contact with  them via

--
Rob Lingelbach   http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html
rob at calarts.edu