[Tig] Grouping XLR outputs to a stereo signal

Jean-Francois Panisset panisset at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 16:17:09 GMT 2006

On 10/29/06, Michael Poimboeuf <mkp at poimboeuf.com> wrote:

> By far the best for BetaSP to DV-DVCAM decks in
> particular, and for Pro to Consumer levels in general that I've used is
> the Jensen PC2xR:
> http://www.jensen-transformers.com/pc2xr.html
> A balun with a transformer like this gives you fantastic CMRR hum rejection.

What would be the difference between a box like this and something
like an "inline" balun adapter such as the ones made by Canare or
Neutrik, except for the RCA vs BNC connectors? It's a bit of a pain
when you have to deal with a mix of BNC and XLR audio connectors in
your equipment racks, especially if you have a manual patch panel.
Should you convert all XLR connections to BNC/coax and use a video
style patch panel, or convert the BNC/coax connections to XLR and use
an audio-style patch panel?

I guess this is getting a bit far from telecines...

Jean-Francois Panisset
Software and systems engineer
Montreal, Canada