[Tig] Oxberry scanners

Chris Swinbanks cws at al.com.au
Wed Nov 29 00:28:00 GMT 2006

A question, did you output each of the tests to film again?

Generically film recorders are based on utilising Cineon/DPX code values
so that the circular relationship from o'neg to digital neg is
maintained (dynamic range / contrast, colorimetry).
Breaking that by changing the dynamic range of scanned material as
described here opens up a can of worms for down-the-line production
problems.
Unless of course you're staying in a broadcast environment....

cheers
Chris

--
Chris Swinbanks