[Tig] Oxberry scanners

TSassoon at aol.com TSassoon at aol.com
Wed Nov 29 19:02:24 GMT 2006

In a message dated 11/29/06 12:36:34 AM, jasoncrump at gmail.com writes:

> But generally, i don't think giving raw scans to VFX is an advisable
> process.

I disagree (being a VFX person). We do want to know where CC is heading,
though, so graded samples are welcome. Most of the tme when we get pregraded
material, someone went nuts with the secondaries and we spend most of our time
fighting our way back to something usable. This is especially egregious with BS/GS
plates. We like to get straight Cineon files with a proper DMin calibration,
and that's all.

Tim Sassoon
SFD vfx & creative post
Santa Monica, CA