[Tig] Oxberry scanners

Dan C. Tatut dtatut at chrome-imaging.com
Wed Nov 29 19:37:04 GMT 2006

Hi Jason,

it really depends on the shot. For example tracking features on an unbalanced image may be more easy. If the tracker is more sensitive to one channel (say you are tracking based on the luminance of the pixels and the definition of luminance you use for tracking is a weighted average that gives more advantage  to one channel, e.g. green).

Also most post workflows are not 100% floating point and when several facilities are involved in a project, it is always difficult to determine the exact color transformations pixels have been through and the potential loss of information may hurt the VFX process.

Best, Dan

Dan Tatut
CEO
CHROME Imaging