[Tig] Polonium

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Thu Nov 30 22:06:55 GMT 2006

In the days when I maintained a tube-based machine before the advent
of high-voltage
ionizing dust control at the CRT, I used a brush commonly found in
photographic labs that
included traces of the element polonium.   I'm not sure which isotope
of polonium was
in this brush, or whether this type of brush is still in use
(ref.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polonium   and search on the page
for "dust")  but
I was curious if the Russian spy who was recently killed by ingestion
of polonium, and those
who poisoned him with isotope 210, had scraped their polonium from a
photographic
static-control brush, or perhaps they were all colorists and now
there's a critical shortage
of colorists in Moscow.

Rob
http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html