[Tig] Polonium

Sam Dlugach samdlugach at mac.com
Thu Nov 30 22:43:06 GMT 2006

I haven't seen one of those negative brushes in years (that's a blink
of an eye in half-life terms), but I remember that the deadly dust
appeared to be merely glued on a strip of aluminum with a layer of
varnish over it, then covered with a perforated metal grille.

Now in the absence of that element, one can still irradiate the
neighbor's dog with the following household items: Radium watch
dials, Americium smoke detectors, and Thorium gas mantles.  Here's a
story about a kid with too much time and a little homemade breeder
reactor on his hands:

http://www.dangerouslaboratories.org/radscout.html

Happy rad counting,

Sam Dlugach