[Tig] MkIII stripes

Steve Roberts-PPGD Steve.Roberts-PPGD at bbc.co.uk
Wed Oct 4 08:03:03 BST 2006

Vesa,

This looks like a common problem we had with MK3 4:2:2's  - I'm not sure
how similar that is to a Turbo though. On the 4:2:2 machines, it's the
power supply smoothing capacitors on the boards in the Digiscan rack
(bottom left rack) - they are electrolytic capacitors and dry out over
time.

If it's the same rack, check out the 994 input matrix and HAC, the 996 A
to D
Converter and if you are using the analogue RGB output, the 936 D to A
Interface and the 976 D to A Converter cards.

>From memory, the capacitors are 150uF 16V and there's generally four of
them around the voltage regulators. Replace with 105 degree C versions.
The boards aren't the easiest to desolder - you may be well advised to
snip the leads on the old ones and solder the new capacitors to the
stubs.

Steve