[Tig] eyesight- lenses

pmendelson pmendelson at ascentmedia.com
Thu Oct 5 18:02:23 BST 2006

Rob,

I've been wearing them for over 10 years now.  Any good lens professional or
ophthalmologist will tell you that they are not for everyone.  They can take
quite a while to get used to, and some people never do.
In my case, it took about a week, but the results have been great.
Computer viewing distance, however, can fall into a nether region that you
can't seem to optimize without craning your neck. But, since there is no
hard boundary, there will be a sweet spot.  The question is where that sweet
spot will fall relative to the position of your neck. Luckily, the gradient
can be adjusted up or down at the time the lenses are ground.  In my case,
the second iteration was the charm.

Good luck.

Phil