[Tig] Apple Acquires Silicon Color

david alexander davidson david at solventdreams.com
Wed Oct 18 21:37:17 BST 2006

I'd say it's been indirectly in the DI market already, although
diddlingly, via it's close nurture of Silicon Color from the outset,
perhaps like a large state uses nations by proxy to do certain biddings.

The concern for those who use the tool already for professional DI
work is that it will be further hobbled by Apple's notorious ways of
the eventual dilutional "each-one, teach-one" marketing tactic.
Conversely, opera came from jingles sung from the gutter, yet now
broadcast over the increasingly consolidated airwaves.

What smaller packages like this did for the DI market was (is)
significant.  We hope it continues to be in some robust form.