[Tig] Sony HDSDI interface--Is this the part?

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Thu Sep 7 22:05:27 BST 2006

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA
Main:  	(530) 741-1212

Hi, Geoff...

A little Googling and phrase changes (including for a Sony BKM-41HD
board used in monitors) turned up this info:

The HK-201/202 is a TX/RX Module for high-speed serial transmission
through coaxial cable of HDTV digital video digital audio and ancillary
data information. Signal transmission conforms to the SMPTE 292MBTA
S-004B bit serial interface standard SMPTE 291M/BTA S-005B supplemental
data standard and SMPTE 299M/BTA S-006B digital audio standard.

The HK-201 TX Module incorporates a 1.48 GHz VCO for the internal
generation of an SDI clock signal synchronized to an external clock
parallel data (74.25 MHz). (1.485 GHz SDI clock signal is internally
generated with 74.25 MHz and 1.4835 GHz SDI clock signal is internally
generated with 74.175 MHz.)

The HK-202 RX Module incorporates an auto equalizer which supports
transmission distances of up to 100 meters (distance between
transmitting terminal (HK-201) and receiving terminal (HK-202)) over
5C-FB cable (corresponding with type: PD-3079 COOPER RG-6/U type Super
Low Less Digital Video Coax).

Broadcast equipment dealers that turned up in the search showed prices
in the thousands.
http://www.broadcaststore.com/store/model_detail.cfm?id=669759

This parts house showed prices in the dollars.  $3.98:

http://sony.nexttronicsparts.com/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=378257
HK202 HD SDI RC MODULE Sony Part Number: HK202 or H-K202--

Nextronics inventory tool said it was in stock:

We have queried our database to determine the realtime inventory status
of the item in question:  If the item is "inStock", it will ship within
one to two business days if ordered before 3:00 pm Central Standard
Time.    This should be taken into consideration when selecting
shipping options during checkout.

Original Part#: HK202

<snip> Contact customerservice at nexttronicsparts.com for clarification.

You'll probably want to make sure the part Nextronics has is indeed the
one you need.

Maybe they have a CRT for your monitor, too?
http://sony.nexttronicsparts.com/catalog.htm

Hope this is helpful to you and others on the list.

Ted.

Not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned other than my own.

(Hey Rob... can we develop an acronym for this kind of disclaimer??? : )