[Tig] Monochrome Cineon file

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Fri Sep 8 15:28:08 BST 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 TSassoon at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/7/06 8:03:25 PM, bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us writes:
>
>> I think that the "MONO" images must be "B&W"
>
> Thanks for pointing that out. I'm not always the sharpest knife in the
> drawer. On further inspection, yes, I have the entire enchilada, with the B&W .cin
> and .dpx, which haven't yet opened, though for some reason I don't have xnview
> or shake on this machine. The Adobe readers don't work with them. Altogether
> it's about 600 MB of material.

I am happy to relay this material via my FTP site but it is served by
just a DSL line so the outbound bandwith is low (currently limited to
10K bytes/second per user).  Ramona Howard of Spectsoft sent me an
email saying that they may be interested in hosting these files on
their site but she is not sure what their bandwith capabilities are.

Hopefully a studio (or vendor) with a good FTP site and plenty of
bandwith will step up to offer this service to the community.

I have been searching for 8-bit Cineon files for quite some time so I
am most interested in getting my hands on those.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn