[Tig] Re: European aspect ratio 1.66:1

Peter Swinson peter_swinson at compuserve.com
Thu Sep 14 10:15:04 BST 2006

Bob, Laurence & Ray.

Thanks for the input. I guess my concern was this: At IBC it was kinda
mentioned that the image width, regardless of aspect be scanned at  2048
and the DCI be 2000. For 1.66:1 this would on Digital projection clip Top &
Bottom. I fully agree with the view to fit 1.66:1 vertically within the
1.85:1 aspect and accept side masking. So long as the masking is at the
projector, else 'orrible keystoning could occur. Of course some may argue
that this reduces the resolution of 1.66:1 as less than 2000 pixels are
used for active picture area!

cheers

Peter