[Tig] Telecine monitor

Steve Roberts-PPGD Steve.Roberts-PPGD at bbc.co.uk
Sun Sep 17 08:16:06 BST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: tig-bounces at tig.colorist.org [mailto:tig-bounces at tig.colorist.org]
On Behalf Of Arnell Patscott

>>We have recently been told by Sony that they no longer are making any
CRT monitors, and have about 1 year left of parts.<<

Whilst that was indeed their position a few months back, they
unexpectedly launched a brand-new HD-capable CRT range in May consisting
of three monitors - a 14" and a 20" in 4:3 (with a 16:9 bezel supplied
if you are only ever going to use it in HD) and a 32" in 16:9. We've
bought quite a few of the 20" ones to replace ageing SD monitors and
they are extremely good. They have a much darker phosphor than the old
24", so blacks look much better.

http://www.sonybiz.net/images/product/X/BVM-A_Series(brch).pdf

It's a shame that they have dropped the 24" though - that was a
convenient size!

Steve

http://www.bbc.co.uk/