[Tig] Re: XSan

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Apr 3 00:15:36 BST 2007

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Joe Owens wrote:

> XSan is standard practice for apple workflow -- for most things.  When I set
> up my Final touch suite, however, the recommendation was Ciprico/Huge Media
> Vault Fibre channel and it has been working for nearly a year now -- good
> support from Ciprico.

I find it interesting that most DI shops seem to use SAN/storage
products from companies which specifically market to the DI market.
This is in spite of the fact that if one looks a bit further, there
are similar products available from the "IT" industry at large with
similar capabilities and form factor.  The main difference seems to be
that the companies which cater to DI have validated their products
specifically for DI, but (most importantly), speak the lingo of the
industry.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn