[Tig] Turner

timothy norman huber timothyhuber at mac.com
Thu Apr 5 18:17:06 BST 2007

This seemed to be a new technique to deal with bandwidth issues.
The show was "Las Vegas" and it looked great a moments.  Then at
times it would drop a few frames (talking heads, not big action
sequences) while maintaining the audio.  The picture didn't block up,
it just stuttered like every 5th frame was missing, and they
duplicated frames to keep the picture clean rather than add digital
artifacts.

I've had digital cable for quite some time now, and this was new to
me.   It looks better, IMHO, than the typical digital artifacts you
normally get off the time warner feed.

On Apr 5, 2007, at 10:07 AM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

> There is no telling what cable providers are doing.  They have
> already been jumping through hoops to obtain more "digital"
> channels from their available bandwidth.

timothy norman huber
DP/Colorist
Switch Studios
venice