[Tig] NAB: Sony showing its 'CRT replacement' ++

Robert Houllahan rob at cinelab.com
Wed Apr 25 04:48:39 BST 2007

> it was great to see all the LCD's now demonstrating
> clear potential to replace CRT's. Did anyone see Panasonics
> offering of plasma's? I thought they looked great
> as well.

I was very curious to hear what people thought of Plasmas for grading
work, I have been living with one at home (used to have a CRT
projector+ Scaler) and there are things I really like about it and
it's just an older NEC ED set hooked up to a intel mac mini. I would
think that a phosphor based set could be closer to a CRT in some ways
and viewing angle is good with these, am I missing something?

-Rob-

Robert Houllahan
rob at cinelab.com
Filmmaker