[Tig] color

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Thu Apr 26 19:18:57 BST 2007

thanks for the clarification Bob.   I had read this on the Gimp-users
mailinglist last month:

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 04:17:38PM +0100, Fabrizio Lippolis wrote:
 > Hi list,
 >
 > a basic and simple topic is not so clear to me. Will the next major
 > version of Gimp support more than 8 bit per channel? Thank you.
 >
 > Fabrizio

More that 8 bits channel will come with the GEGL library support in
GIMP.
Next (2.4) will be the last (we hope) GIMP version without GEGL so the
answer is no for now and perhaps yes for the next version (2.6? 3.0?)
GIMP
version.

ciao

--