[Tig] Ursa

Steve Roberts - Post Production steve.roberts at bbc.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 08:01:40 BST 2007

 -----Original Message-----
From: tig-bounces at tig.colorist.org [mailto:tig-bounces at tig.colorist.org]
On Behalf Of Dave Sweet

>>Do you power down your CRT over night as well? The general school of
thought is to "turn off" the EHT while leaving the CRT on (low power)
overnight.<<

Is it? I was always taught that this would promote poisoning of the
cathode. Indeed, here at the BBC, we specifically modified all of our
MK3's (and the MK2's before them!) so that when the power switch was in
position 1, the power to the heater was removed.

Steve

	Steve Roberts | Senior Engineer | BBC Resources
	Room 3501 | BBC Television Centre | Wood Lane | London | W12 7RJ

	T: +44 (0)20 857 64556 | F: +44 (0)20 857 61639
	http://www.bbcresources.com
	BBC Resources Limited
	Registered Number 3593793 England
	Registered Office: Television Centre, Wood Lane, London W12 7RJ

http://www.bbc.co.uk/