[Tig] Opinions on the JVC DT-V24L1D?

Bob Kertesz bob at bluescreen.com
Fri Aug 10 17:08:31 BST 2007

>But here's the rub. This amazing level of quality is only valid if
>you are at a near perpendicular viewing angle to the display. JVC's
>claim of 170+ degrees of viewing angle is basically bullshit. Yeah,
>you can see a picture at 170 degrees off axis, but it's washed out to
>all hell.

Yes, that's a real problem with most of the less expensive LCDs, although
surprisingly, the Panasonic 17" and 26" models have quite decent off-axis
images (I own the 17"). But then they have other issues.

>And here I am, for over 12 years, saying to myself I would never buy
>a JVC "professional" product ever again :P

Their DiLA home theater D65 Pro line of TVs is VERY nice. I've had the 70" one
for about a year now, and I'm still sometimes taken aback at how good it looks
with good material.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California
bob at bluescreen.com

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTEĀ® compositing.