[Tig] Accom 422 DIS

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Thu Aug 23 07:40:36 BST 2007

Hola Ricardo y Rob...

Looks like the Avica is still on the market.

http://www.avicatech.com/StillStore.html

There's an online manual for your reference.

A little googling for "Vecta stillstore from Avica" turned up a
number of references to its use:

There are some major players in LA that purchased it a while ago,
including Kodak's Cinesite for use with a Spirit Datacine at 2K on
Pleasantville in 1999/2000

See http://digitalcontentproducer.com/mag/video_avica_technologys_vecta/

FotoKem had 11 units in place as of Sept. 2000:
http://broadcastengineering.com/mag/broadcasting_field_report_avica/

Lucasfilm used an HD version on the set of Star Wars II in 2002.
http://real-image.com/video/corpnews/060202.asp

No connection to any company mentioned...

Hope this is of some help or interest.

Ted

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA