[Tig] PEC limiting MK3

Steve Roberts - Post Production steve.roberts at bbc.co.uk
Mon Aug 27 07:58:14 BST 2007

Have you looked at the levels directly out of the cellbox? This sounds
to me like it could be a burn or shading correction problem further down
the chain - the "slow change" business in particular sounds like an AGC
effect. How old is the tube?

Whilst you've got the cellbox open, take the opportunity to replace the
electrolytics on the burn cell head amp. I recently had a problem with
the burn corrector enhancing the edges of phosphor grain, giving that
'dirty window' effect despite the burn corrector lineup being correct.
Eventually I changed this C's (all were o/c with age) and everything was
then fine.

Steve

	Steve Roberts | Senior Engineer | BBC Resources
	Room 3501 | BBC Television Centre | Wood Lane | London | W12 7RJ

	T: +44 (0)20 857 64556 | F: +44 (0)20 857 61639
	http://www.bbcresources.com
	BBC Resources Limited
	Registered Number 3593793 England
	Registered Office: Television Centre, Wood Lane, London W12 7RJ