[Tig] Programme availability in HD?

Paul Chapman pchapman at fotokem.com
Thu Aug 30 22:09:01 BST 2007

Jeff,

Most 'scripted' or dramatic primetime made in the US is HD now and also 5.1
audio. Most reality is not.

Be very careful on what they deliver though. If you get 'air' masters from
the networks they will likely be 1080/59i with 3:2 (assuming 24 frame
acquisition). However most production is done at 24FPS. If you are really
unlucky you will get 'pulled black' air masters with broken 3:2 at every
edit.

If you can get it I suggest you request 24P masters with 5.1 audio laid
back, and take it to your favourite conversion facility for a proper format
conversion 24->25 with audio resample & pitch correction.

Good luck,

Paul Chaapman
FotoKem
Commercial message here: