[Tig] Tech Support Engineer needed, Santa Monica

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri Aug 31 02:04:12 BST 2007

Post Production Systems Technical Support Engineer – Santa Monica, CA
Job Requirements:
Understanding of and experience with Discreet software (Smoke/Flame)
systems and strong knowledge of an Irix/ Linux environment with
command line experience
Knowledge of and experience with the latest High Definition Video
post-production equipment in supporting VFX and telecine operations
Experience and solid knowledge of supporting and troubleshooting post-
production software, hardware, network, and video systems
This position is a hands-on support role and must work well as part
of a team with a practical problem solving attitude and ability to
learn quickly and adapt to a dynamic environment
Must be able to work any shift (including holidays and weekends)
Motivated, self-starting, and pro-active engineer able to work on
projects unsupervised
Knowledge of digital VTR formats and television standards worldwide
Responsible for resolving or escalating all daily technical issues
and technical support activities
Desired Qualifications:
Technical Degree in Electronics, Computer Science, related field, or
equivalent
3 years technical experience in a high-end post-production environment
Knowledge of Digital Intermediate work flow
This is a fast paced high end post-production facility with both
commercial and feature film departments
Salary commensurate with experience. Please respond by emailing your
cover letter and resume to highendpost at yahoo.com
Please put "SYSTEMS ENGINEER" in the subject title of your email

--
Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.  [Oscar
Wilde]