[Tig] way OT but in a bind.. and ...

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Wed Feb 7 23:26:45 GMT 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 9:14 PM, Rob Lingelbach wrote:

> It turns out there are two fans, one on the right and one on the
> left side
> of the case.  Since neither seems to be working, would one surmise
> that
> perhaps replacing them won't do any good -- I'd like to know if anyone
> else thinks similarly.

I meant to say, that this might point to the thermostat.   The
temperature
sensors do seem to be working OK, at least they are all giving me
readouts, that rise and rise and rise...  but I'm not sure there's a
thermostat
involved, rather the sensors themselves are averaged somewhere and then
after a threshold is reached and allowing for hysteresis the fans
kick in.

Rob