[Tig] End Credits at the cinema

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Wed Feb 21 15:19:38 GMT 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 12:46 PM, Peter Swinson wrote:
> guess 625 helps slightly but they are still difficult  to read.

I can imagine that this practice could already have ignited a
'movement' against it, and that the power of the
studios and actors/directors/crew could have some effect in
changing this abysmal practice.   The credits are part of the
film, until the last frame, --could there even be a SMPTE or
BKSTS standard regarding this?

> What is :
> A Foley Edito

Foley Edito:  a self-powered plastic sound effects generator
               formerly called the Edit-O

> A Best Boy

you know I've forgotten the answer to this, though I worked in
production (but it was video where the DP was called the Lighting
Director, and other differences applied, like there was no best boy)

> A Key Grip

The apparatus allowing you to hold onto your car-entrance device
whey you're pissed.

...anyway sounds like a good effort Peter, if there's a web reference
to explain end credit categories (I'm sure there is).. someone will
let us know.

--
Rob Lingelbach
http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html