[Tig] fast camera in wind tunnel /light source

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed Jan 17 00:32:44 GMT 2007

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Bill Topazio wrote:

> I would doubt if strobes are used (in the classical sense).  An
> air-gap strobe may have the speed... maybe... but a xenon (ie
> bright) one does not as there is a definite curve with rise and
> decay to the illumination.  What would the "other ways" be, besides
> fairly large continuous illumination? -bt

It never ceases to amaze me what colorists chat about in their spare
time. :-)

A simple way to implement the effect of a shutter with a very fast
time is by using a very bright light source along with a rotating
wheel with a hole in it which passes over an aperture.  The shutter
time then becomes a simple matter of rotation rate.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn