[Tig] artifacts

bob at bluescreen.com bob at bluescreen.com
Tue Jan 23 17:48:36 GMT 2007

>The reality is that it depends on which
>component does a better job of handling pulldown, antialiasing, and
>scaling.  If you have a cheap TV, then maybe the DVD player will do a
>better job.  If you have a well designed TV, then maybe passing 480i
>will provide better results.

It has been my experience that if you have a high end TV with a good image
processor, the best SD DVD playback results are obtained from a
progressive-capable DVD player putting out 480p over component. If you have a
well rated player able to deal with general DVD issues, the results are
surprisingly good.

If you have something like the highly rated yet inexpensive Oppo player,
trying the upconverted outputs over DVI won't hurt you, either.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTEĀ® compositing.