[Tig] Mother F'in eavesdroppers on a plane...!

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri Jan 26 16:37:05 GMT 2007

On Jan 26, 2007, at 2:08 PM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

> Now what is needed are special glasses which cancel out the ugly
> parts of images, such as MPEG noise, blur, or banding.

except for your second criterion above, I discovered the answer many
years ago: don't
correct your vision, or de-correct it so that it becomes less than
20-20.

After years of being 20-40 inches from a monitor, my vision was
optimized for that distance,
without glasses.   I didn't believe that I needed glasses for
distance, because my vision as a
child had been something like 15-20 (better than normal).   In denial
that I needed glasses for
distance, finally I realized something was wrong when I started
missing the exits on the
freeways in California for lack of being able to read them at a
distance.  Before getting a
prescription and glasses, I had thought the sign painters just
weren't doing a good job.
With the new glasses, it took so long to get used to seeing every
leaf on a tree, all the detail
of peoples' faces that previously was soft, that the glasses were
almost too much reality, and
I preferred when not driving to leave my vision the way it was: a
softer, friendlier reality.

Rob
--
Rob Lingelbach