[Tig] Digital Skin Grafting

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Sat Jul 14 03:57:04 BST 2007

On Jul 13, 2007, at 10:14 PM, Mohan V.S.M wrote:
> hi all,
> please check this technic and post u r coments as a colorist
> http://www.vfxtalk.com/forum/digital-skin-grafting-compositing-
> shivaji-t10786.html

Well I'll try to subscribe to the site and then post comments but a
quick one in response to the work: it seems impressive if indeed the
observations listed are true from those who've seen the piece, but in
the end, the complexion change makes the actor more of a set piece or
art-directed prop than a human, so I'm not sure if a year's worth of
work by 25 CG artists (called in the article "technicians") on 9000
scanned and rotoscoped frames was more than a feasability study.

Rob Lingelbach
http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html
rob at calarts.edu