[Tig] mistake in wikipedia?

Bob Kertesz bob at bluescreen.com
Sat Jul 14 17:48:51 BST 2007

>Once Digiscan was released, vidicon based telecines were dead, almost overnight.

As a footnote to Dave's post, before the introduction of the Digiscan based
system, anything shot for TV that had to be on the air in less than a week had
to be shot on video. I had a terrific business going at the time with a small
one camera truck shooting lots of spots, many of them with huge budgets and
national, for all sorts of clients. Around 150 shoot days a year. The money
was rolling in.

When the first Digiscan based system was installed in the first post house in
L.A., that substantial part of my business died almost overnight as well, and
I found myself in a position to have to reinvent my business VERY quickly if I
were to stay afloat. Luckily, a smart guy named Petro Vlahos had just invented
and shown me a compositing box called Ultimatte, and I thought it had a good
chance of making it big...

Interesting times.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California
bob at bluescreen.com

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTEĀ® compositing.