[Tig] mistake in wikipedia?

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Sat Jul 14 22:55:09 BST 2007

On Sat, July 14, 2007 12:08 pm, Jeff Heusser wrote:

> When I first started in TV we had what we called a "film chain" by
> RCA.  It had a video camera, two film projectors and a slide
> projector with a mirror system in between that could be switched live
> between the sources.

That describes pretty well the telecine operation at Unitel NYC, a TK28 RCA
and FR35 camera/projector system with the multiplexer (the mirror system Jeff
describes above), in 1976 when I started working there.  Then about 3 years later
came a Rank and we could work with negative.  The problem with the FR35 was
that occasionally the film would break, and that was similar to having a
videotape
master break or be erased mistakenly.

Rob
--