[Tig] mistake in wikipedia?

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Sat Jul 14 23:21:40 BST 2007

On Sat, July 14, 2007 1:48 pm, Bob Kertesz wrote:

> Luckily, a smart guy named Petro Vlahos had just invented
> and shown me a compositing box called Ultimatte, and I thought it had a good
> chance of making it big...

(wasn't it Pietro Vlahos [i might be wrong]) and Ultimatte was a sequel to
ImageMatte,
which was a sequel to NewsMatte.  I worked with those earlier systems on
shoots in
NYC, where we did "live" compositing in the studio.

The first Ultimatte that I used was the III I believe, the IV being not a very
good improvement;
the 6 as I remember though was perhaps the peak of the hardware-based systems?

Rob
--
Rob Lingelbach
http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html